About our classes
Please note that all our Kindermusik classes are 45 minutes in duration.
Age newborn to 1 year
Cuddle, bounce and bop with your baby. With age-appropriate activities for newborns, infants and crawlers, this music &movement class has a strong focus on development and sensory stimulation. Every time an infant has a new sensory experience - neural pathways are formed. Repeating the experience is where the learning really strengthens.
You and your baby will enjoy instrument play, dance, exploration time and together time and instrument exploration, and a colorful literature component, your child's growth and development are stimulated and all senses engaged. We use fun and engaging themes such as Farmyard, Trains, Nursery Rhymes & Nature and provide fantastic resources to take home and gives you the tools to bring music & movement activities in to your everyday routines.
Included in the gorgeous home materials - CDs, storybook and an instrument or prop. Whether your baby is 5 weeks or 5 months - this is the perfect class for you
Age 1 to 2 years
Get ready to sing, play and move with your little one in this high-energy music class designed to be just right for very young children. This Kindermusik curriculum focuses on developing your child's movement and co-ordination, helping build the muscles your young toddler needs to walk, run and climb; and on vocal development, helping nurture your child's speaking and singing voice.
A mix of activities means you will be able to join in on all the singing and dancing while having the opportunity to observe how your young walker learns on their own. We sing, sway, laugh & play with plenty of movement games to keep those busy feet happy. We will explore the sounds and feel of a wide range of age-appropriate instruments and spend a special moment in storytime.
Throughout the year we cover a range of concepts including Transport, Food, Weather and Daily Routines.
Included in the program is our Home Materials which have CDs, an instrument or prop and storybook plus online access to the music, lyrics and a range of other activities.
Age 2 to 3 years
This music-filled class celebrates the unique joys of your growing child. Each week your child will love singing, dancing, and playing instruments with you and her new friends and you’ll love helping her practice a wide variety of abilities such as gross and fine motor skills, turn-taking, social skills, and active listening.
You will share a variety of experiences in class including;
- Instrument exploration and ensemble skill development Children will explore the physical characteristics and sounds of age-appropriate instruments which will eventually lead them to discover their potential for beat, rhythm, melody, and ensemble playing.
- Vocal play - Through vocal play, toddlers learn to form vowels and consonants, say words and phrases, and imitate rhythm and vocal inflection. In Kindermusik Wiggle and Grow, vocal play is presented within the context of songs, chants, and activities done in class.
- Exploration Time - Children will love discovering specially designed instruments, textures, sounds, and movements.
- Story time and early literacy - Listening to stories enhances language and speech development and fosters awareness of sounds, teaches use of language, and sends the message that words and symbols have meaning. The same experiences that help toddlers learn to read a book also help them learn to read music.
- Movement Activities - Each class provides various opportunities for movement such as synchronized movement, group dances and circle games, and even expressive movement.
- Together Time - Kindermusik is the essence of quality time, allowing parents to make the most of the fleeting toddler years, giving them the time and the tools to make music and memories together in class and at home.
Your child will also love the range of themes and concepts covered including Weather, Food, Farmyard, Nature, Silliness & Play. They will receive CDs, a storybook and a simple instrument to take home and you will also have access to the online materials which include lyrics, videos and games as well as the music to download.
Age 3 to 5
Designed for active, energetic, enthusiastic, and imaginative children ages 3 to 5, our Level 3 classes encourage socialization, sharing, and participating in group activities. Singing becomes a focus for enhancing the preschooler's vocal development as expressive language is just beginning to emerge. The parent and child have fun participating together in the first 5 minutes and the last 10-15 minutes of class during Sharing Time, where they'll also learn about Home Activities they can enjoy together throughout the week.
What a Parent and Child Will Experience in Class:
- Pretend Play - Pretend play activities are integrated with music, vocal development, storytelling, listening, movement, and literacy aspects of each class. When based upon a child's real life experiences, pretend play helps develop language, sensory, motor, and cognitive skills.
- Musical Variety and Singing - Activities include a mixture of musical genres and styles and provide a setting for children to explore their many voices and to use a “singing voice.” Singing helps with memory and recall, physical development, creativity, and socialization.
- Storytelling and Literacy - Each class is built on the development of a story, so you'll hear preschoolers search for the word to say what they mean and try to keep up with their busy minds, emerging wants, needs, likes, and dislikes.
- Parent Involvement - Preschoolers are learning to be self-sufficient in a group setting of peers, while many times still needing the emotional security provided by a parent. Caregivers participate in the first 5 minutes and the last 10-15 minutes of class.
Included in this class are the Home Materials ensures the learning continues at home with each child's best teacher - the parent! Each child receives 2 CDs per term, an activity book and an instrument or prop plus access to the online materials.