About our classes
Please note that all our Kindermusik classes are 45 minutes in duration.
Age newborn to 1 ½
Get ready to sing, play and move with your little one in this energy filled music class designed to be be just right for your very young children. Through a unique blend of multi-level activities that include creative movement, vocal play, object and instrument exploration, and a colorful literature component, your child's growth and development are stimulated and all senses engaged.
Kindermusik Sing & Play is for lap babies, crawlers, and walkers. It incorporates the most current research on early childhood development and provides families a special place for learning and connecting with other parents and babies through music and movement.
What you Will Experience in Class:
- Variety of Music - Musical diversity builds strong neural in a baby's forming mind, which is why each Kindermusik semester contains an array of styles, sounds, and genres.
- Instrument Play - Age-appropriate experiences with child-safe instruments enhance a sense of rhythm and steady beat, develops a keen awareness of the distinguishing qualities of sound, and encourages spontaneity and creativity.
- Dance - A classroom full of baby and adult pairs dancing together helps a little body develop the muscle strength needed to crawl and walk and helps a little heart to fall in love with the sheer joy of responding to music.
- Together Time - A Kindermusik class is truly the essence of “quality time,” offering the parent a place to create special memories with their child, gain new insights into their child's development, and nurture their child's natural love of music.
- Expert Advice - A Kindermusik Educator explains “what-to-watch-for” every step of the way and how each activity enhances a child's complete development.
- Learning Continues at Home - With the home materials, the learning continues at home with the child's best teacher - the parent!
Age 1 ½ to 3 years
This music-filled class celebrates the unique joys of your growing child. Each week your child will love singing, dancing, and playing instruments with you and her new friends and you’ll love helping her practice a wide variety of abilities such as gross and fine motor skills, turn-taking, social skills, and active listening. In class, we’ll also share tips and ideas for using music throughout the week. Plus the fun (and learning!) continue with the Kindermusik@Home digital home materials, including music from class, musical activities, and each month’s story.
What you Will Experience in Class:
- Instrument exploration and ensemble skill development - Children will explore the physical characteristics and sounds of age-appropriate instruments which will eventually lead them to discover their potential for beat, rhythm, melody, and ensemble playing.
- Vocal play - Through vocal play, toddlers learn to form vowels and consonants, say words and phrases, and imitate rhythm and vocal inflection. In Kindermusik Wiggle and Grow, vocal play is presented within the context of songs, chants, and activities done in class.
- Exploration Time - Children will love discovering specially designed instruments, textures, sounds, and movements.
- Story time and early literacy - Listening to stories enhances language and speech development and fosters awareness of sounds, teaches use of language, and sends the message that words and symbols have meaning. The same experiences that help toddlers learn to read a book also help them learn to read music.
- Movement Activities - Each class provides various opportunities for movement such as synchronized movement, group dances and circle games, and even expressive movement.
- Together Time - Kindermusik is the essence of quality time, allowing parents to make the most of the fleeting toddler years, giving them the time and the tools to make music and memories together in class and at home.
- Expert advice - A Kindermusik educator explains how the musically based activities enhance a toddler's complete development.
Age 3 to 5
Kindermusik Laugh and Learn takes the preschooler on a musical journey of discovery and explorational journey limited only by the power of imagination. Pretend play activities are integrated with music, vocal development, storytelling, movement, and literature to capture the preschooler's potential to learn and to encourage cognitive and literacy skills, creativity and individuality.
Designed for active, energetic, enthusiastic, and imaginative children ages 3 to 5, our Level 3 classes encourage socialization, sharing, and participating in group activities. Singing becomes a focus for enhancing the preschooler's vocal development as expressive language is just beginning to emerge. The parent and child have fun participating together in the first 5 minutes and the last 10-15 minutes of class during Sharing Time, where they'll also learn about Home Activities they can enjoy together throughout the week.
What a Parent and Child Will Experience in Class:
- Pretend Play - Pretend play activities are integrated with music, vocal development, storytelling, listening, movement, and literacy aspects of each class. When based upon a child's real life experiences, pretend play helps develop language, sensory, motor, and cognitive skills.
- Musical Variety and Singing - Activities include a mixture of musical genres and styles and provide a setting for children to explore their many voices and to use a “singing voice.” Singing helps with memory and recall, physical development, creativity, and socialization.
- Storytelling and Literacy - Each class is built on the development of a story, so you'll hear preschoolers search for the word to say what they mean and try to keep up with their busy minds, emerging wants, needs, likes, and dislikes.
- Parent Involvement - Preschoolers are learning to be self-sufficient in a group setting of peers, while many times still needing the emotional security provided by a parent. The preschooler experiences both in Imagine That! Caregivers participate in the first 5 minutes and the last 10-15 minutes of class. Plus the @Home Materials ensures the learning continues at home with each child's best teacher - the parent!
Family Classes (Wiggle & Grow/Laugh and Learn)
Age 1- 5
No. of students 5 - 12
Class structure 9 week term
Our Family classes incorporate an award-winning music enrichment program for 1 to 5 year olds, which was originally designed for early childhood learning centers, and is now taught in Kindermusik classroom all around the world. Families can enrol for a short 9 week program. Our Family classes are a great new way to get a introduce your child to the Kindermusik experience.
- Digital @Home Materials - two per term
- New unit theme for each 4 weeks
- Each unit contains 9 lessons—45 minutes in length
- Classes are intimate in size. Up to 12 children in class, with accompanying adults
What Your Child Will Experience in Class:
- Songs and rhymes to develop phonetic awareness and early reading skills
- Tapping, clacking, and ringing rhythm instruments in time with music to improve hand-eye coordination
- Focused listening with music to improve skills in following directions
- Instrument play to strengthen fine motor skills
- Developmentally-appropriate songs to develop vocal chords and expressive speech
- Learning that emphasizes storytelling, imaginative play, and taking turns